- 1 Tin of kidney beans in water
- 220g drained weight
- 6 Spring onions
- 150g Basmati rice
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 3 Teaspoons reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, chopped 2.5 to 3 cups of water 4 Sprays of olive oil
- Empty kidney beans into a colander and rinse with tap water.
- Warm a lidded cooking pot at low heat and spray with 4 sprays of olive oil spray.
- Add onions, garlic, spring onions and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the rice for 2 minutes, then pour in the kidney beans and reduced fat coconut milk.
- Add water and stir with wooden ladle for 1 minute.
- Bring to boil on high 3- 4minutes, cover the pot with lid and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- Kitchen Hob
- x1 Colander
- x1 Lidded cooking pot
- x1 Wooden Spoon (or other stirring utensil)
- x1 Chopping board
- x1 Knife
- x1 Teaspoon / teaspoon measurer
- x1 Weighing scales
- x1 Cup measurer
Energy (kcal / kJ): 71kcal / 300kj
Total Fat (g): 0.5
of which saturated fatty acids (g): 0.1
Carbohydrates (g): 414
of which sugars: 1.1
Dietary fibre (g): 1.6
Protein (g): 2.6
Salt (g): 0.21