- 1 tin of kidney beans in water (220g drained weight).
- 6 spring onions.
- 150g basmati rice.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3 teaspoons reduced fat coconut milk.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped.
- 2.5 to 3 cups water.
- 4 sprays olive oil.
- Empty kidney beans into a colander and rinse with tap water.
- Warm a lidded cooking pot at low heat and spray with 4 sprays of olive oil spray.
- Add onions, garlic, spring onions and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the rice for 2 minutes, then pour in the kidney beans and reduced fat coconut milk.
- Add water and stir with wooden ladle for 1 minute.
- Bring to boil on high 3- 4minutes, cover the pot with lid and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- Access to kitchen hob.
- Lidded cooking pot.
- Wooden Spoon (or other stirring utensil).
- Chopping board.
- Sharp knife.
- Teaspoon or teaspoon measurer.
- Weighing scales.
- Cup or cup measurer.
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.37 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 10 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
Energy (kcal / kJ): 71kcal / 300kj
Total Fat (g): 0.5
of which saturated fatty acids (g): 0.1
Carbohydrates (g): 414
of which sugars: 1.1
Dietary fibre (g): 1.6
Protein (g): 2.6
Salt (g): 0.21