- 250g smoked haddock, fresh and boneless.
- 125g cod fish, boneless.
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Half scotch bonnet pepper, chopped.
- 4 spring onions, chopped.
- 4 stems fresh thyme.
- 1 small root ginger, peeled and finely chopped.
- 50g Fresh carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 1 teaspoonful curry powder.
- 1/2 teaspoonful black pepper.
- 1/2 fresh Lemon.
- 50g fresh tomato or 50g tinned chopped tomato.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 4 sprays live oil spray.
- 3 teaspoonful of reduced fat coconut milk.
- 1 cup of water or more.
- Warm lidded cooking pot or frying pan at low heat and spray with 4 sprays of olive oil spray.
- Stir in chopped onions, ginger, garlic and spring onions, and increase the heat to medium.
- Add the curry powder and keep stirring until the onions soften and everything starts to clump together.
- Add the chopped tomato, cover the pot with the lid and bring to a simmer.
- Add carrot, thyme, coconut milk and water.
- Pop the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the haddock and cod plus a squeeze of lemon and black pepper.
- Cover and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the haddock and cod are just cooked and flaking.
- Access to kitchen hob.
- Cooking pot or frying pan.
- Sharp knife.
- Teaspoon or teaspoon measurer.
- Weighing scales.
- Cup or cup measurer
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 1.36 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 65 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
Per 100g of edible portion:
Energy (kcal / kJ): 50kcal / 211kj
Total Fat (g): 0.5, of which saturated fatty acids (g): 0.2
Carbohydrates (g): 3.6, of which sugars: 2.1
Dietary fibre (g): 1.0
Protein (g): 7.2
Salt (g): 0.22
More Useful Information
This recipe is part of a series of modified African and Caribbean recipes, developed by Leeds Beckett University, University of Leeds, Feel Good Factor & Leeds ACTS. Read more about this project here.