Aloo (Potato) Sabzi
- 5 Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon green chilli or flakes or powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Carrot or other veg of your choice.
- Chop the potatoes and any other veg you are using.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds if using.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and any other spices you are using.
- Add green chilli if using.
- Add potatoes, stir altogether and fry for about 1min before reducing the heat to medium. Add mango powder if using and mix together.
- If it is sticking, add a small amount of water.
- Put on a lid and leave to cook until the potatoes are soft (approx 15 mins).
- Chopping board & knife
- Wooden spoon / stirring utensil
- Frying pan Teaspoon / teaspoon measurer
- Tablespoon / tablespoon measurer
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.1 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 5 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
*Calculations made using the Carbon Footprint Calculator created by the Consumer Data Research Centre at University of Leeds.
More Useful Information
- Serve as a side dish or as a simple meal with chapatis.
- Watch Jita making this recipe on the Unit 11 KVDT YouTube.
- See our other recipes on Leeds Recipe Hub here.
"For our Healthy Holidays programme, we shared this recipes as part of a cooking pack so all the ingredients were measured out for them already!"