- 4 large potatoes (baking potatoes)
- 180g Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Soured Cream
- 2 bunches spring onions
- 2 bunches chives
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Wash the potato, prick with a fork.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Carefully rub the hot potato with 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil and tiny pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and finish off cooking in the oven for 30 minutes (If no microwave available, cook potato in the oven for about 1 hour until crispy on outside and soft in the middle).
- Grate the cheese, and put a small amount to one side for later. Add the soured cream to the bowl.
- Finely chop spring onions and the tomatoes, finely slice the chives and add all the vegetable to the bowl with cheese and cream. Remove the potato from the oven and carefully halve the potato lengthways and scoop out the centre into the bowl. This should just leave the crispy skin intact. Mix the soft mixture together.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato skins and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven on the baking tray for 10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Any local shop. We are fortunate to grow chives in our Feel Good Factor garden so can pick them here. For those living locally, very welcome to come and pick some as the garden is always open.
- Access to oven and microwave.
- x1 teaspoon or teaspoon measurer
- x1 baking tray
- Oven gloves
- x1 grater
- x1 chopping board
- x1 sharp knife
- x1 mixing bowl
We have had lots and lots of families try making this easy recipe for their family. The families have enjoyed this low cost, simple recipe that just uses a few ingredients. It can also be adapted, adding more ingredients, or a great way of using up 'bits of veg' left over , and reducing food waste in the process. ' It was lush, so nice'- one family said