Skip to content
Download Recipe Card
- 1 400g tin of kidney beans
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Small carrot
- 2-3 Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ Fresh Lemon, juiced (or 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice)
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Small bunch coriander (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Heaped tablespoon plain flour
- 4 Tablespoons breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Burger buns
- 1 Little gem lettuce
- 1 Large tomato
- 2 Large gherkins (optional)
- Roughly chop the onion, mushrooms garlic, and grate the carrot into a food processor ( or bowl if using a masher).
- Add the cumin, paprika, lemon juice, soy sauce coriander, salt, pepper and flour and blend in the processor (of mash in the bowl with grated carrot).
- With floured hands, work the mixture into 4 equal balls and shape into burgers.
- Coat each burger with the breadcrumbs and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Put a frying pan or griddle pan on a medium heat and add the oil.
- Cook the burgers on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Turning once.
- Remove the burgers and wipe the pan clean with kitchen towel.
- Lightly toast the buns in the pan and serve with lettuce, tomato and gherkins if you like them.