- 500g rhubarb.
- 40g caster sugar.
- 100g plain flour.
- 50g caster sugar.
- 50g margarine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C 180°C fan oven, Gas mark 6.
- Cut the rhubarb into small chunks. Mix with the sugar in a pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes over a moderate heat, stir regularly. Add the cinnamon and let cool slightly while you make the crumble.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, and the Stork with a fork to form a crumble.
- Spoon the rhubarb mixture into the ovenproof dishes. Divide the crumble on top.
- Bake rhubarb crumble in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
- x4 small ovenproof dishes of approx. 200 ml capacity.
- Sharp knife.
- Chopping board.
- Large mixing bowl.
The children grew and harvested rhubarb on the schools' allotment. It was made into a crumble and the whole school had the opportunity to try it! So important to encourage taste testing!