Liz’s Rhubarb Crumble
- 500g rhubarb.
- 40g caster sugar.
- 100g plain flour.
- 50g caster sugar.
- 50g margarine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C 180°C fan oven, Gas mark 6.
- Cut the rhubarb into small chunks. Mix with the sugar in a pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes over a moderate heat, stir regularly. Add the cinnamon and let cool slightly while you make the crumble.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, and the Stork with a fork to form a crumble.
- Spoon the rhubarb mixture into the ovenproof dishes. Divide the crumble on top.
- Bake rhubarb crumble in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
- x4 small ovenproof dishes of approx. 200 ml capacity.
- Sharp knife.
- Chopping board.
- Large mixing bowl.
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.27 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 13 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
*Calculations made using the Carbon Footprint Calculator created by the Consumer Data Research Centre at University of Leeds.
The children grew and harvested rhubarb on the schools' allotment. It was made into a crumble and the whole school had the opportunity to try it! So important to encourage taste testing!