- 200g strong/bread flour
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 sachet (7g) instant dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 125ml lukewarm water
- Extra flour for dusting
- Add the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Mix the warm water, sugar, yeast and olive oil together and allow the yeast bloom for 20-30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the liquid to the flour and mix to a smooth dough, about 2 minutes.
- Knead with your hands until smooth, soft and elastic. This may take 6-10 minutes by hand. Return the dough to an oiled bowl, cover it and leave in a warm place to prove and double in size. This may take 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the temperature of the room.
- Deflate the dough with your knuckles (this is fun!)
- Dust a countertop with flour or semolina and roll the dough out to a rough circle on a kitchen counter.
- Place the pizza onto a metal pizza tray or square baking tray. Cover with pizza sauce and chosen toppings, followed by the cheese. If using meat, make sure it is cooked beforehand.
- Switch your oven onto its highest temperature – around 220-250c – and let it preheat for 10-15 minutes. Place the pizza into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes at 220-250c. Enjoy!
- Access to oven + oven gloves
- Large mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Metal pizza tray or square baking tray
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.16 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 8 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
More Useful Information
Find our other fakeaways here!