- 100g Basmati rice, washed
- 200ml Vegetable or chicken stock (from cube)
- Pinch curry powder
- Pinch of mixed spice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Handful of raisins or sultanas
- Handful of nuts (cashews or almonds)
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Rinse the rice under a tap to remove starch.
- Place the washed rice in an oven proof dish or takeaway foil. Add salt, pepper, curry powder, mixed spice, dried fruit and nuts to the rice and mix.
- Make 200ml of vegetable stock by adding boiling water to a stock cube. Add the stock to the rice. Seal the dish with a tight-fitting lid or tinfoil.
- Bake the rice for approximately 20 minutes at 160c or until the stock is absorbed – do not remove the lid until after 20 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven and allow to stand for 2-3 mins. Fluff the rice with a fork. Enjoy!
- Access to an oven + oven gloves
- 1x oven proof dish or foil tray with lid
- 1x baking tray
- 1x measuring jug
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.51 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 24 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
More Useful Information
Find our other fakeaways here!