- 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g tin spaghetti hoops
- 1 vegetable stock dissolved in 700ml water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon chilli powder and/or paprika
- Drain and rinse the tin of chickpeas and put into a saucepan
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes to make the chickpeas super soft and squishy
- Pour over the tomatoes and add the herbs and a pinch of salt and a large grind or sprinkle of pepper
- *Optional* Now add the chilli powder and/or paprika
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes
- Tip the spaghetti hoops into a sieve or colander and gently rinse off some of the orange sauce – if you like the sweetness, then don’t rinse the sauce, just pour the whole tin in!
- Once the hoops have been added, cook for 2 more minutes, stirring gently until the hoops are warmed through
- Serve and enjoy!
- Access to kitchen hob.
- Teaspoon or teaspoon measurer.
- Weighing scales.
- Sieve or colander (or other utensil to drain chickpeas).
- Chopping board.
- Sharp knife.
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.79 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 38 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
"My kids loved this and so easy to make. I’ll be making it again cos its cheap to get the ingredients."