Pasta e Ceci
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g tin spaghetti hoops
- 1 vegetable stock dissolved in 700ml water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon chilli powder and/or paprika
- Drain and rinse the tin of chickpeas and put into a saucepan
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes to make the chickpeas super soft and squishy
- Pour over the tomatoes and add the herbs and a pinch of salt and a large grind or sprinkle of pepper
- *Optional* Now add the chilli powder and/or paprika
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes
- Tip the spaghetti hoops into a sieve or colander and gently rinse off some of the orange sauce – if you like the sweetness, then don’t rinse the sauce, just pour the whole tin in!
- Once the hoops have been added, cook for 2 more minutes, stirring gently until the hoops are warmed through
- Serve and enjoy!
- Access to kitchen hob.
- Teaspoon or teaspoon measurer.
- Weighing scales.
- Sieve or colander (or other utensil to drain chickpeas).
- Chopping board.
- Sharp knife.
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.79 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 38 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
*Calculations made using the Carbon Footprint Calculator created by the Consumer Data Research Centre at University of Leeds.
More Useful Information
- This recipe is from our Recipe Station programme. To find out more, get in touch at email@example.com.
- Here’s our active Facebook page where community members share photos of what they’ve made.
"My kids loved this and so easy to make. I’ll be making it again cos its cheap to get the ingredients."