Skip to content
Download Recipe Card
- 1x packet long grain microwave rice.
- 1x egg, beaten.
- Handful of frozen peas Handful of frozen/tinned sweetcorn.
- 1x spring onion, chopped.
You can make this with Chinese Fakeaway: Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Heat a frying pan on high heat and allow to get nice and hot – don’t add oil until you are ready to cook.
- Once the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of cooking oil followed by the egg. Stir and scramble the egg with a spoon until it is cooked.
- Add the packet rice straight from the pouch (do not microwave it) and stir until the egg is mixed throughout.
- Add in the frozen peas and sweetcorn and stir the rice constantly for 30 seconds until they have defrosted. Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped spring onions and pepper if desired. Always eat rice within 2 days – and only reheat it once!