Chinese Fakeaway: Egg-fried Rice
- 1x packet long grain microwave rice.
- 1x egg, beaten.
- Handful of frozen peas Handful of frozen/tinned sweetcorn.
- 1x spring onion, chopped.
MethodYou can make this with Chinese Fakeaway: Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Heat a frying pan on high heat and allow to get nice and hot – don’t add oil until you are ready to cook.
- Once the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of cooking oil followed by the egg. Stir and scramble the egg with a spoon until it is cooked.
- Add the packet rice straight from the pouch (do not microwave it) and stir until the egg is mixed throughout.
- Add in the frozen peas and sweetcorn and stir the rice constantly for 30 seconds until they have defrosted. Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped spring onions and pepper if desired. Always eat rice within 2 days – and only reheat it once!
- Access to kitchen hob
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Large frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon (or other stirring utensil)
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 0.32 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 15 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
*Calculations made using the Carbon Footprint Calculator created by the Consumer Data Research Centre at University of Leeds.