- 1 large pack chicken drumsticks (1.3kg), skinless.
- 1-2 tablespoons homemade jerk seasoning (a blend of onion, garlic, thyme and ginger).
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced salt all purpose seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning marinade in a jar.
- 4 sprays olive oil.
- 120ml white vinegar.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 lemon, squeeze to juice.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon and water and use it to wash the skinless drumsticks.
- Drain excess solution and add the remaining ingredients to the drumsticks and mix thoroughly for about 3 minutes.
- Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes or overnight in a fridge.
- Pre heat over to 200C. Grease shallow baking tray with 4 sprays of olive oil spray.
- Place the marinated chicken on the tray and put it in the oven to cook at 150C (you may need to do this in batches), for 45 minutes or until the chicken is brown and slightly crispy.
- Access to oven + oven gloves.
- Access to a fridge.
- Mixing bowl.
- Shallow baking tray.
- Optional: Citrus Squeezer.
Considering Carbon Footprint
Carbon footprint (per serving): 2.17 kgCO2e. This is the same as making 103 mugs of tea.*
Interested in learning more? Click here.
Energy (kcal / kJ): 72kcal / 306kj
Total Fat (g): 1.5, of which saturated fatty acids (g): 0.4
Carbohydrates (g): 2.0, of which sugars: 0.7
Dietary fibre (g): 0.5
Protein (g): 13
Salt (g): 0.29