Why not take action by…?
- Planning ahead to avoid buying more than you need.
- Checking the use-by dates before you buy fresh food to make sure you can use it in time Make sure not to get ‘use-by’ confused with ‘best before’ or ‘display until’ dates.
- Popping leftovers in the fridge and enjoying them for lunch the next day.
- Composting fruit and vegetable waste.
- Buying ‘wonky’ veg from the supermarket to save it going to waste.
- Preserving or freezing food you can’t eat in time.
- Donating any quality, in-date, surplus food to your local foodbank if you think it won’t get used.
- Or come up with an idea of your own!