FoodWise Leeds has released a new Healthy Eating Toolkit for the summer Healthy Holidays programme to support providers across Leeds – and beyond!
This follows a successful ‘Healthy Holidays Spring Toolkit’ for Easter provision earlier this year. Different approaches were piloted for supporting providers to embed healthy eating messages and activities into their provision.
This latest version of the toolkit includes:
- Quick food conversation starters with children and young people.
- How to integrate healthy eating messages and activities into daily provision.
- Ways to provide healthy eating information/activities to family members and carers.
- Summer Competition! 50 vouchers to be won by Leeds Healthy Holidays children and young people.
- Examples from 8 different Leeds providers, across third sector organisations, local schools and council community hubs, celebrating their own healthy eating activities.
The toolkit has been circulated digitally to providers across Leeds and is accessible to others via the FoodWise website.
Download the toolkit here.
Follow us on Twitter to see quick tips from the toolkit and provider spotlights!
“It was so helpful to have the toolkit to hand over Easter, there are so many ideas in there. We were able to take inspiration and make the activities suit our own provision and families. It also helped us to upskill our staff members with the advice on relevant healthy eating training.”A local Healthy Holidays Provider
FoodWise Leeds has been running the Healthy Holidays Plus programme since October 2021. In collaboration with key partners, the programme supports Leeds providers to embed healthy eating messages and activities across all future Healthy Holidays provision. Healthy Holidays Leeds has been running since 2018, providing nutritious food and engaging activities to primary and secondary aged children who are eligible for free school meals.